CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Love Affair With Pietro


Ryan introduced me to Pietro.  It was love at first taste.  I admit I was hesitant, eating pasta on top of lettuce, topped with this foreign dressing, but reluctance gave way to indulgence. Honestly, an addiction will form if you try this.  You can also just serve it as a regular salad dressing, but, somehow, I love it the way I was first introduced to it.  We had a constant source in Dallas (Central Market), but haven't been able to find it here in Jacksonville...until now.  I'm sorry I don't have an exact address for the place, it's a new little Japanese grocery store that just opened up in a strip mall on Beach Blvd, on the south side of the street called Japanese Circle.  Served here, I used whole wheat pasta, cooled before serving on a bed of romaine lettuce.  Even the kids love it.  What more can I say?


p.s. the Shoyu flavor is the best, but please don't create a shortage, 
or I'll have no choice but to stop sharing my favorite discoveries!

3 morsel(s) of wisdom:

Astorga Crew

What a beautiful photo - makes it look tantilizing!

Michelle

it's been so long since i've seen pietro dressing that i almost forgot it existed! thanks for the tip on the japanese grocery store. i just discovered that there's a korean market somewhere on beach blvd also. it will taste fantastic on somen salad... mmmm... summer food.

Michelle

the pietro dressing, not the korean market on the salad. haha.